1994: Masters of Philosophy in the Study of Religions, University of Ghana, Legon
1988: B.A(Hons) Arabic and Study of Religions (combined), University of Ghana, Legon
1987: Certificate in Arabi, American University, Cairo, Egypt
Since my first appointment as a lecturer in the university, I have taught courses in undergraduate and graduate level. Below are the courses I have taught:
- SREL 007: Introduction to the Life of Muhammad (S.A.W)
- SREL 009 : Islamic Doctrine
- SREL 012: Islam in Western and Central Sudan
- SREL 013: Introduction of Qur’anic Studies
- SREL 014:Introduction to Hadith Studies
- SREL 101: Introduction to Islam
- SREL 204: Introduction to the Ethical Theories and Religious Ethical Systems
- SREL 303: Qur’anic Studies
- SREL 304: The faith and Practice of Islam
- SREL 337:Life of Muhammad (S.A.W)
- SREL 344:Hadith Studies
- SREL 346: Islam in Ghana
- SREL 347: Religions in Ghana
- SREL 404: Shariah
- SREL 414: Islam and African Culture
- SREL 645: Islam in Western Sudan
- SREL 646: Islam in Modern West Africa
Previous Academic and Research Appointments:
- Graduate Assistant, Department for the Study of Religions 1991-1992
- Teaching Assistant , Department for the Study of Religions 1988-1990
- Tutor, Islamic Studies, West Africa Secondary School, 1991-1996
- Tutor, Islamic Studies, Navrongo Secondary School, 1982-1984
- Mumuni, Sulemana: A survey of Islamic NGO’s in Accra Chapter VII (pp. 138-161) in Social Welfare in Muslim Societies in Africa, Holger, Weiss (ed) NAI, Blender Gotab Stockholm Sweden 2002.
- Mumuni, Sulemana: Islamic Literacy Traditions in Ghana’ (pp. 170-185) in
- The Maghreb Review, London Vol.28 Nos. 2-3-3, 2003.
- Mumuni, Sulemana: The Relevance of Arabic and Islamic Education in the upbringing of the Ghanaian Muslim Child.’ (pp. 82-103). Nigerian Social Science Review, Vol. 1 April, 2004.
- Mumuni, Sulemana: Emerging New Forms of Leadership in Muslim Communities’. Accepted for Publication in a book: Religion and Leadership in Ghana (eds) Abraham Akrong & Elorm Dovlo, Sub Saharan Publishers, Accra, Ghana.
- Religion and Transformation in West Africa ‘ISIM Newsletter No. 14 June 2004.
- Islamic Political System and Democracy” Accepted for publication–Journal of Islamic Studies Research (JISR), ABU-Zaria, Nigeria.